I’ve been in the blogging world for more than 4 years by now and in all this time I’ve never done one of the most cliche posts ever: facts about me. I decided that the time for that has finally come, so here are 18 facts about me!
I actually wanted to do 50 facts. I tried to find facts that are interesting and don’t apply to every other person. Let me tell you, it was hard. So, I decided to go with only 18 facts (because 2018; see what I did there) and I’m not if I succeeded, but I tried my best.
1. One of the most obvious facts: I dye my hair. And I’ve done so for about 8 years by now. I have no idea what my natural hair colour actually looks on me and I’m not planning on finding out anytime soon.
2. Staying on the topic of dying my hair: when I was in kindergarten I always wanted to have purple hair. Many, many years later I finally dyed them purple and it’s still one of my absolute favourites and my go to colour.
3. Also, in kindergarten my dream job was to become a confectioner. Maybe I should think about that again, kindergarten-me had some good plans and ideas.
4. Another obvious one, I have a nose piercing – I got it when I was around 12 years old and still love it – and I also had a lip piercing – didn’t love that one as much.
5. I accidentally tattooed my finger. I also have two other tattoos, that were in fact planned.
6. It seems like I’m too dumb to hold a pen like every other normal person. I don’t know where I got that from, it looks really weird and some teachers tried to change it, but it never worked. I even had those pens with the finger molds, and I still managed to hold them completely wrong.
7. I feel really weird about touching knees. It doesn’t matter if it’s about my knees or someone else’s knees, it just grosses me out so much.
8. I had a crack in my skull when I was a small child (bunk beds are evil), but besides that I’ve never broken a bone.
9. I have a really tiny handwriting and since I’m done with school and I don’t have to write as much, it got a lot messier as well. Not the best combination.
10. Throughout all seven Harry Potter books, I thought that Fang was a pig, and I was totally cool with it. Even when it was mentioned that he barked, I still thought of a – indeed, very strange – pig.
11. I sort of broke into a rather big concert venue by accident once.
12. I get hot very easily and I’m generally not the biggest fan of heat. I can’t do things like bundling up with a soft, fuzzy blanket and a hot cup of tea, because I’d probably get a heat stroke.
13. Almost all of my vacations were spent on a campsite. I think I can count the times I stayed in a hotel (outside of school trips) on one hand.
14. I own a mermaid tail and it was definitely one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.
15. I‘m afraid of heights (very unique and interesting, I know) and of being underwater without the immediate access to air. The thought of diving into an underwater cave or even diving underneath a small boat for example scares me shitless.
16. In many areas in my life, I’m an all-or-nothing type of person. Especially when it comes to books and series – I either binge it or completely neglect it for many months (sometimes even years). That also goes to fandoms, I’m always really invested in one fandom and the others are kinda forgotten.
17. Talking about fandoms, I can be absolutely obsessed with something, but probablynever show it openly (my friend Steffi likes to call it an “undercover fangirl“). The thing that comes closest to showing my obsession openly, is changing my phone background to my current bias. Also, the only piece of merch I own, are to pairs of Dan and Phil stickers; that’s literally it.
18. I have no talent when it comes to music. My singing is really not good (that’s not going to stop me tho) and I recently learned that even my flute playing as a child was absolutely terrible.
I hope you found this mildly interesting and maybe you learned something new about me.
Tell me an interesting fact about yourself in the comments!
Love, Jacky N.